If you need information on support groups or caregiver meetings contact Rozi
- Rozalia (Rozi) Andrejas: HD Resource Centre Director in Toronto.
- Phone: (905) 787-1645 / Toll Free: 1-877- 573-7011
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can’t get a hold of Rozi, feel free to contact the National Office. Phone: 1.800.998.7398
To get involved or for more information on the Chapter contact Annie Vanexem
- Annie is the Manager of Chapter Development.
- Phone: 1-800-998-7398 ext. 127
- Email: email@example.com
- Stay informed and connected about HD happenings in Toronto and beyond by subscribing to the Toronto Chapter’s email list by clicking here
- Like the Toronto Chapter’s Facebook page
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to download province-wide community news
- Join our monthly meetings (visit our Facebook page or email us for details)
How to Volunteer
Huntington Society of Canada Toronto Chapter is made up of volunteers from the Greater Toronto Area who:
- Help people affected by Huntington disease
- Raise awareness of Huntington disease
- Raise funds for HD research and services for those affected by HD. We’ve raised over $1,050,000 through events, proceeds of Amaryllis & raffle sales
The chapter, formed in 1997, is part of Huntington Society of Canada, a national network of volunteers and staff professionals.
How to help? Plan, ask for donations, sell, volunteer & participate in these events & annual campaigns:
- Attend National Conference Nov. 2-3, 2018 – Kelowna, British Columbia
- Participate in the Amaryllis Fundraising Campaign. Take part in this original fundraiser of high-quality orange sovereign Amaryllis bulbs which bloom spectacularly. Order starting early summer for Oct/Nov delivery.
- Heroes Run for Huntington Disease: 5k/10k run, 5k walk – call 647.238.6294 or email email@example.com
- Architectural Gems of Toronto Walk to End HD: Spring-time walk in Toronto’s areas historical and architectural interest – created by Jim Wiswell.
- Hockey Dream Getaway Raffle for HD. Winners must be 18 years of age and resident of Ontario to win.
- May is Huntington Disease Awareness Month: help us #LightItUp4HD
Create your own event – join TeamHD! Raise funds when participating in any event in Canada such as a marathon, or create your own! Call 1-800-998-7398 ext 127.
Toronto hosted the 2012 Huntington Society of Canada National Conference, where 27 recipients from across Canada received the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for their significant contributions to the Society, the Huntington disease community & Canada, including Society co-founder, Ariel Walker.
Charitable registration # 11896 5516 RR0001.
Email address for donations: firstname.lastname@example.org (chapter President), or mail to:
HSC Toronto chapter
c/o Huntington Society of Canada National Office
151 Frederick St., Suite 400
Kitchener, ON, N2H 2M2